- A comprehensive curriculum of Reading, Language Arts, Spelling, Math, Science, Social Studies, Art/Humanities, and Physical Education is provided. Teachers access the Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks and Common Core, and plan differentiated lessons to fit students' needs.
- Students participate in the MCAS testing conducted annually.
- The Resource Teacher assesses all students in reading and math and consults with the classroom teacher to assure that lessons are tailored to students' needs.
- The Physical Education program is designed as a structured program emphasizing proper behavior, teamwork, sportsmanship, health, and wellness.
- Our specials, occurring twice weekly per class, include Art, Music, Physical Education and Life Skills; Arts and Humanities lessons interface with classroom activities and students are exposed to a wide variety of materials.
Student to staff ratio is 8:3 (one teacher, two teaching assistants per class).
Our therapeutic milieu integrates school-wide clinical and behavior supports to promote positive social skills and emotional regulation throughout each school day.
Phonics – Fundations (K-3) and Megawords (4-8)
Wilson Fundations makes learning to read fun while laying the groundwork for life-long literacy. Students in grades K-3 receive a systematic program in critical foundational skills, emphasizing:
- Phonemic awareness
- Phonics/ word study
- High frequency word study
- Reading fluency
- Comprehension strategies
Megawords – phonics program for students reading above a third-grade level. The skill based Megawords series presents word lists arranged by word structure and spelling pattern, teaching reading, spelling, and usage through instruction and progression of skills.
English Language Arts – Wit and Wisdom (all grades)
Wit & Wisdom® is a comprehensive K–8 curriculum that has transformed English language arts (ELA) instruction in classrooms across the nation. Great Minds® believes that classrooms are places where students and teachers encounter wit, wisdom, wonder, rigor, and knowledge, and that literature, history, art, and science all have a place in ELA instruction. By providing a framework for inquiry, Wit & Wisdom helps students build rich layers of knowledge. It inspires teachers and students to experience complex texts and ideas on a deeper level by fostering the questioning spirit that will shape the next generation of great writers, thinkers, and leaders.
Math – Eureka Math (all grades)
Numbers should add up to more than a right answer. They should inspire aha moments and joyful connections. Eureka Math® set a new standard for rigor, coherence, and focus in the classroom so students gain a deeper understanding of the why behind the numbers, all while making math more enjoyable to learn and teach.
Summers at the Pallotta School
The Pallotta School offers an extended school year to provide academic and clinical support to students year-round. During the Summer, students continue to work on our comprehensive curriculum, while enjoying Summer fun. Time to swim in our on-campus pool, play on slip 'n slides, field trips, among other activities are allotted for students during the Summer.