Brighton-Allston Mental Health Association (BAMHA), a program of Italian Home for Children, is a diverse community mental health agency that has been servicing the Brighton/Allston community and surrounding areas since 1964.
The clinic offers individual, couples, family, and group therapy, as well as psychopharmacology to clients ages 4 and up. Clinicians are trained in various treatment modalities including: traditional psychotherapy, dialectical behavioral therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, expressive therapy, and play therapy. The clinic also has an outpatient satellite office in Jamaica Plain.
School Based Program
Currently, individual and group therapy is provided in schools throughout Boston. The school based mental health program currently services children and adolescents in some of the most diverse communities within the city. The school clinicians work closely with administrators, teachers, and support staff in order to better meet the academic, emotional, and behavioral needs of children. All clients receiving therapy services within one of our clinics or partnership schools have access to our outpatient psychopharmacology services at the Brighton location, as well as access to a 24/7 on-call system.
Group Therapy Offerings
- Adult Coed DBT Groups
- Adult Female DBT Group
- Adult Co-Ed Social Skills Group
- Adult Co-Ed Processing Group
- Adult Co-Ed Memoir Writing Group
- Co-Ed Young Adult Transitions Group (18-24 yrs)
- Co-Ed Teen Social Skills Group (13-17 yrs)
- Co-Ed Child Social Skills Group (9-12 yrs)
- Co-Ed Younger Child Social Skills Group (5-8 yrs)
- Adult Co-Ed Expressive Therapy Music Group
- Single Mother's Parenting Support Group
- Co-Ed Parenting Skills Group
- Adult Co-Ed Mindful Movement Group Therapy
77 WARREN STREET - BRIGHTON, MA 02135