As our fiscal year and the school year come to a close, we have been taking time to review the last twelve months. Two things are crystal clear:
- We positively impact hundreds of lives every year in our residential, educational, and community based programs.
- It takes a lot for us to help as many children as possible in as many ways as we can.
We have almost 300 employees working in Jamaica Plain, East Freetown, Brighton, and in homes all over Eastern Massachusetts. Over the last year, these dedicated professionals have…
- provided thousands of hours of therapy, mentoring, and tutoring;
- washed, dried, and folded 16,000 loads of laundry;
- played thousands of games of jenga, sung hundreds of songs, & taught dozens kids to ride a bike;
- prepared and served 80,000 healthy meals to the children in our residential programs and at our school;
- attended over 1,000 hours of supervision and training so we can provide the best possible care; and
- shoveled snow and mowed grass on our 20 acres of campus in Jamaica Plain and East Freetown.
In the last year, the children we serve have…
- felt a profound sense of connection with our caregivers during some of the toughest times in their lives;
- lost over 250 assorted balls into the cranberry bogs in East Freetown;
- taken the Massachusetts Comprehensive Assessment System (100% of the students in our school completed this test;)
- celebrated their birthdays with us – we celebrate over 300 birthdays every year;
- completed 26 distinct art projects with our art teacher Christine; and
- spent as many hours as possible in our swimming pool!
It takes a lot to keep this organization going. We have amazing assets in our staff, board, community partners, and governmental agencies. The truth is that the only way we can give the children everything they deserve, train our staff, celebrate holidays, and have the special extras that make Italian Home unique with your support. Gifts from our friends are the most consistent income source that we have. You have been generous to us in the past, and I ask that you give again in celebration of all of our accomplishments both big and small.